Information about work, life and play in Regional Australia

Thursday, January 04, 2007

Olives in Regional Australia - Information Sources


Just completing my immediate posts on Australian olives.

In my first post on olives in Regional Australia I mentioned that when I was growing up I thought of olive oil as a medicinal product. Now I use olive oil all the time in cooking, while olives are a constant element in my diet.

I still use overseas olive products and will continue to do so, but now I have embarked on the joy of discovering the Australian alternative.

The Australian Olive Association site is perhaps the best entry point for those interested in finding out more about Australian olives whether as a consumer or potential grower. The site includes details of local producers for both olive oil and table olives.

For those interested in growing olives, the Olive business site provides a handy introduction. The Rural Industries Research and Development Corporation site provides information on the development of the Australian olive industry.

At regional level:

As part of my web searches I also checked blogs. I could only find one. Olives101.com is a global olives blog that includes regular stories on Australian and New Zealand olive growing.

No comments: