Information about work, life and play in Regional Australia

Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Old Aussie Food Recipes

I have now switched this site to the new Blogger Beta. This allows me to use labels. However, it will be a little while before I can add these to all my old stories.

As part of my searches looking for material for my Australian Regional Food - Looking Back series I found a rather nice site, Old Aussie Food Recipes, subtitled "Recipes, Cooking and Delicious Meals the old time way in Australia."

Here I was caught by the description:

Like yesterday I remember the glorious aromas coming from my Mum's kitchen. Sponge cake or a scone topped casserole and veges, oven hot scones or damper, hot soup or the look of a glorious bowl of home made ice cream and fruit topping.

The site is well worth a browse by anyone interested in Australian cooking.

No comments: